“You’re lucky. They don’t sell on my server.”
“Congrats Gold Queen, your items sold. But my Salvage Yard Crate items never sell. Transmog just doesn’t sell on my server.”
“You’re just lucky”
“You’ve got a secret list”
“I can’t sell them”
“It’s server specific”
I would agree with you. Transmogs don’t sell. Gear and common green armor doesn’t sell. If ……
They never sell if ….
- Not if I price them high, and expect them to sell immediately.
- Not if I allow competitors to undercut me.
- Not if I’m inflexible with pricing, and don’t adjust my prices compared to customer needs and competitor prices.
- They don’t sell on my server if I put ten of them up and allow buyers to realise that the item is not rare, special, or in short supply.
- They don’t sell if I try and price my items according to other server prices, instead of my own.
- They don’t sell if players can get the item quicker cheaper and easier by themselves.
- Not if I pick a random high price “because its transmog” instead of pricing them at their real value.
- My items never sell unless I’m persistent and reliable. Players need to know that “its easy to pick up cheap leveling gear” by seeing it always available. Train your buyers!
- Only 20% of my items sell without relisting. The other 80% need relisting again and again. I have to suck it up and pay the listing fees.
- My transmog items never sell if I list them at 2012 prices.
- My greens never sell if I never put them on the AH.
- I never make make 50k from Auctions if I put only 10k worth on AH
Nothing sells on my server when I don’t spend time putting the items actually up on the Auction House.
- I didn’t “get lucky” I worked really hard.
- I worked hard to find out what players wanted and to provide it for them.
- I worked out to take over certain markets.
- I worked hard to find out what time people bought things.
- It’s not luck!
Take a look at the players around you. Is their armor transmogged? Do you think every single one of them farmed for hours for their transmog item? No, at least some of them bought theirs on the AH. Muscle your way into the market!
Get off your butt and make some gold.
Final remark: I don’t enjoy boasting. but I kinda need to explain and show things if I have to convince people that I can make gold, and so can you.
There is no secret list.
The Gold Queen is written by Alyzande. With many level 100s, 9 years expertise in making gold, 11 garrisons, 17k+ achievements, 1593 days played, and over 32 million gold earned. The Gold Queen blog teaches you how to make gold playing World of Warcraft using ethical trading, auction house flipping, crafting, reselling snatch lists, and farming gold making.
Well it sounds similar to my server, stuff simpel doesn’t stem to sell, but i must admit i don’t have the time or drive at the moment to put in the ah. I simply don’t have a clue as to what sells, and at what price. I was quite involved in selling rare recipes, but that seems to have died out as well.
I’m just starting out in earnest on a new server, after years of mucking about and halfhearted goldmaking efforts. You inspire me so much! Thank you so much for these articles – they really help me stay motivated. 😀