End of Expansion Jewelcrafting
There comes a time between the end of the last batch of content, and the release of the new expansion, when raw gem prices and cut gem prices are near equal.
There is no profit left in Jewelcrafting rare (blue) and uncommon (green) gems.
Epic gems can still turn a profit of 100-300g on a good day, depending on when you buy and sell. However it’s becoming a bit of a gamble.
Don’t worry, I’ve been through all this before and I can tell you what to do.
How to sell gems even when they don’t make a profit in the Auction House
1. Buy gems raw, unless you have plenty of time to waste prospecting the ore. I don’t.
2. Keep a small stack of 1-4 of each uncut rare gem in your bag.
3. Advertise in trade chat as a craftsman
4. [Jewelcrafting] LFW Your mats + 10g
5. You can change that 10g to “tip” or make it higher or lower according to demand. Buyers like a nice round number.
6. Meet the guy on a common place, e.g. in front of the Auction House.
This is how I used to make gold, when Jewelcrafting was first introduced, and the numbers available on the auction house were very low.
You can make more gold if you buy the ore and prospect it, or if you go and get the gold yourself. But as my time is very limited recently, just buy gems raw!
The Gold Queen is written by Alyzande. With many level 100s, 9 years expertise in making gold, 10 garrisons, 16k achievements, 1505 days played, and over 18m gold earned. The Gold Queen blog teaches you how to make gold playing World of Warcraft using ethical trading, auction house flipping, crafting, reselling snatch lists, and farming gold making.