http://www.thegoldqueen.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/smlogo-300x100.png 0 0 The Gold Queen http://www.thegoldqueen.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/smlogo-300x100.png The Gold Queen2012-02-28 21:29:312016-04-15 15:41:39Ametrine and Dreadstone- Exercise in Thinking Outside the Box
Ametrine and Dreadstone are respectively the orange and purple epic gems from Wrath of the Lich King.
This is a classic study of Thinking Outside (Thinking Outside the Box).
Your average Gold Gamer
- will try to sell Inferno Ruby and Queen’s Garnet.
- If he thinks outside the box, he will avoid the over-flooded Red Gems market and look at the orange and purple Cataclysm gems. Ember Topaz are selling particularly well on my server this month.
Your Better-than-average Gold Gamer
- will look into the Wrath of the Lich King gems, and try to control the Cardinal Ruby market. These are the epic red gems from WOTLK.
The Best Gold Gamer
- will look beyond even this, and move his or her eyes to the Ametrine or Dreadstone markets.
- Both of these, even on my extremely busy server, are under-loved, and ripe for the picking. Cut gems are selling for 250g+ This is better than the cut Inferno Ruby prices.
Todays’ idea to take away is “look further, then look further still, until you find your niche”.
The Gold Queen is written by Alyzande. With many level 100s, 9 years expertise in making gold, 10 garrisons, 16k achievements, 1505 days played, and over 18m gold earned. The Gold Queen blog teaches you how to make gold playing World of Warcraft using ethical trading, auction house flipping, crafting, reselling snatch lists, and farming gold making.
It’s valuable, but I’d argue the “Best Gold Gamer” would probably just do the shuffle with a few other markets and CONSTANTLY cancel-post.
Expanding into markets that don’t have a lot of demand can be definitely profitable (because a lot of people think the same way I do that it isn’t worth the time), but I can sell hundreds of inferno rubies per day (with infinite time), whereas I’d probably sell 2-5 of these. It is more time-efficient to do several small markets (such as this), but if time is not a variable, there are more profitable areas.
This is kind of a “long tail” item. Just throw it up there, and you may get the occasional sale, whilst the bulk comes from the big movers.
Don’t forget to sell nightmare’s tears to The foolish players that still think its the only option for a prismatic gem slot.
Gotta supply other player’s incorrect ways of thinking too.
I’ve been busy selling wrath gems for the last 5 months and it’s been a blast! However I noticed that more then half of them are bought by 85 level characters which socketed them in their gear (talk about hunters with 20 haste gems 🙂 ).
Nevertheless, from what I’ve sold, most of the profit comes not from ametrines or dreadstones, but from Majestic Zircon (20 hit or 30 stam) and King’s Amber (20 resilience or 20 haste) and least profit comes from Cardinal Rubies simply because the cut and uncut are almost with equal prices.
An important lesson in “check your own server prices”!