Ametrine and Dreadstone are respectively the orange and purple epic gems from Wrath of the Lich King.
This is a classic study of Thinking Outside (Thinking Outside the Box).
Your average Gold Gamer
- will try to sell Inferno Ruby and Queen’s Garnet.
- If he thinks outside the box, he will avoid the over-flooded Red Gems market and look at the orange and purple Cataclysm gems. Ember Topaz are selling particularly well on my server this month.
Your Better-than-average Gold Gamer
- will look into the Wrath of the Lich King gems, and try to control the Cardinal Ruby market. These are the epic red gems from WOTLK.
The Best Gold Gamer
- will look beyond even this, and move his or her eyes to the Ametrine or Dreadstone markets.
- Both of these, even on my extremely busy server, are under-loved, and ripe for the picking. Cut gems are selling for 250g+ This is better than the cut Inferno Ruby prices.
Todays’ idea to take away is “look further, then look further still, until you find your niche”.
The Gold Queen is written by Alyzande. With many level 100s, 9 years expertise in making gold, 10 garrisons, 16k achievements, 1505 days played, and over 18m gold earned. The Gold Queen blog teaches you how to make gold playing World of Warcraft using ethical trading, auction house flipping, crafting, reselling snatch lists, and farming gold making.