Part one of my series has a full Transmogrification Snatch List for Cloth robes / sets, and for offhands. Some tips for what to search for in the Auction House. Get to know the looks of different sets by browsing the Auction House for a few minutes. Whilst you wait for a dungeon queue to pop or for a battleground group to form. You can flip any of the crafted items if you see a tailor selling them too cheap. Flipping means “buy cheap, resell high”.
Crafted with Tailoring
- Red Winter Clothes
- Imbued Netherweave Robe
- Blue Overalls
- Azure Silk Vest
- Shirts, Shirts Shirts!!!
- Soulcloth Vest
- Arcanoweave Robe
- Black Mageweave set
- Cindercloth set
- White Bandit Mask
- Mooncloth Robe
- Runecloth Robe
- Flarecore Robe
- Glacial Robe
- Sylvan Vest (crown & shoulders not so much)
- Icy Cloak – a famous white cloak
- Gaea’s Raiment
- Abjurer’s set
- Imperial Red
- Mystic’s Wrap, Mystic’s Robe
- Regal Robe/set
- Shadow Council set
- Robes of Insight
- Raincaller robes
- Silver-thread set
- Aurora Robe / set
- Conjurer’s Robe / set
- Sorceror’s Drape/ Robe/ set
- Embersilk Tunic / set
- Gossamer Robe / Headpiece/ set
- Silvermoon Robes
- Black Velvet Robes
- Robes of Arcana
- Astralaan Robe (pink, off the shoulder)
- Venomshroud Silk Robes
- Celestial Silk Robes
- Will of Edward the Odd
- Frozen Shadoweave (same as above)
- Chan’s Imperial Robes
- Barbaric Cloth Robe
- Sanguine Robe
- Egg-warming Blanket (purple robe)
- Shimmering Robe (green/gold)
- Disciple’s Robe (green/purple)
- Silvermoon Robes (belf style red robes)
- Noble’s Robe
- Buccaneer’s Vest
- First Mate Hat
- Admiral’s Hat
- Shadoweave Mask
- Resplendent Sarong
- Blackmetal Cape – Black / Celtic
- Illidari Cloak – Black with red
- Twilight Cultist Robes
- Common/”white” robes eg Tuxedo Jacket & Wedding dress. These sell ok to bank alts. The Haliscan set does not sell as well, it’s not as well known and less requested.
- Leggings under level 10, ie tattered shorts!
- Durable set
- Common/”green” Northrend robes (70-80)
- Plain Cataclysm (80-85) gear. It’s just too much like a leveling nub. Who wants to look like that?
- Bracers. They get hidden under gloves.
- Heads/hats need to be special or very different. Players tend to ‘hide’ their helms and cloaks if they can’t find one they like.
- Sparklers (supplicant’s rod, gossamer rod) avoid the common/”white” sparklers.
- Skulls (Demon-skull orb)
- Basilisk Bone
- Lapidis Tankard of Tidessippe
- Geomancer’s Rod
- Mistscape Stave
- Dreamseeker Dandelion
- Rod of Molten Fire
- Evergreen Branch
- Bonecaster’s Star
- The generic purple book with 3 green blobs. zzz
- Spheres-on-a-stick. Unless they’re twinkly like the 80+ uncommon offhand spheres.
- Don’t buy the roses and bouquets that you can get from the vendor.
Notes: Why aren’t there any prices on the items?
Prices are in flux at the moment. After a surge in players wanting items for transmogrification in patch 4.3, prices are settling. Your server will vary! I suggest a regular scan with Auctioneer or Trade Skill Master, or check your current prices in The Undermine Journal.
I saw your screenshots, and you’re not getting as much gold as I can for those items?
You can make more with transmogrifying. I play it safe and try to double or triple my prices, because there is always a risk that competing items will become available in small or large numbers, and crash the prices below my buying prices. I don’t like to gamble. I want to make a good profit, then put that profit to work with the next item.
I know an item that you haven’t included?
Comment below and I’ll add it to the list. Next in the series: Leather & Mail. Plate & Shields. Weapons. Transmog tools and Auctionator Lists.
The Gold Queen is written by Alyzande. With many level 100s, 9 years expertise in making gold, 10 garrisons, 16k achievements, 1505 days played, and over 18m gold earned. The Gold Queen blog teaches you how to make gold playing World of Warcraft using ethical trading, auction house flipping, crafting, reselling snatch lists, and farming gold making.
edit: adding Egg-Warming Blanket screenshots. 250g in one hour.
You can as either faction also buy the other colour of the Winter Clothes pattern, since the vendor itself is neutral.
It is just other players/guards that pose any risk, not the vendor which will happily talk to and sell to anyone.
I as a gnome warlock have both patterns that way.
Unfortunately, the Winter Clothes patterns are white-quality, and can’t be used for transmogrification. They do sell and flip for a nice profit, though! Mine are up at approx 200g each as we speak.
I checked and most all tyhis stuff goes for 2 copper-35g…so I did make somme of the 35g ones and stick em on the AH plus made some great looking stuff for my warlock who lacked some transmog gear =) anyhow, Hope it sells, will let ya know thanks for great tips and will ben looking for more tips in the future, if I see something that sells good will let u know =)