Is it a coincidence, or a symptom of the methods of the modern auction house player, that I have had two requests for gold coaching this week from players with the same worries? I’m afraid I talked myself out of a job, by giving them very simple, honest advice instead of trying to sell my tutoring services. I wanted to address the issue on the blog because it seems to be such a popular problem.
Here’s a typical email:
“Hi, I’ve tried loads of ways of making gold and none of them are working.
- I tried the obsidium shuffle
- I tried glyphs
- I tried selling kittens and snakes
- I tried leveling a jewelcrafter
- I tried some arbitrage over cross faction
- and then I did some dailies
but the only thing that I really got any good gold was farming and grinding mobs! Why can’t I make any gold, why isn’t it working?”
1) It is working. You’re making gold. Check your Achievement tab under Statistics/ Characters / Wealth.
1B) You’re just spending all the gold. Make yourself a “piggy bank character” and whenever your liquid gold gets over a certain number, send it across to the alt to hold onto.
2) You are not researching which of these techniques will work, and you’re not sticking with them when you do.
The Gold Queen is written by Alyzande. With many level 100s, 9 years expertise in making gold, 10 garrisons, 16k achievements, 1505 days played, and over 18m gold earned. The Gold Queen blog teaches you how to make gold playing World of Warcraft using ethical trading, auction house flipping, crafting, reselling snatch lists, and farming gold making.