Farming Isle of Giants
That’s why I recommend farming as only one part of your whole gold generation and making.
Using the Daily Gold Cheat Sheet (free when you sign up to receive my blog posts by email) you can schedule an hour’s farming into your daily routine. I don’t like farming.
20k per hour
You can make 20,000g per hour in “looted item value”. Install WowProfitz’ new addon “loot appraiser” to add up the value of your items and set it to your preferred price database (eg local market value, global market value etc) and leave it to run while you farm for an hour.
Isle of Giants Farming Route
Not all mobs are equal. The Devilsaurs give more than the other mobs, and are therefore more worthy of your attention. If you are racing another player (or bot!) to the next pack, which includes large and mall mobs, tag the larger ones rather than the small, and increase your gold per hour.
Selling Isle of Giants drops
- Random Pandaria Greens, some highly valued for mogging
- Direhorn, Zandalari Dinosaur pets (learn and cage them)
- Giant Dinosaur Bone
- From humanoids: cloth, vegetables (why!?)
The Giant Dinosaur Bones are used for getting a mount ( Reins of the Bone-White Primal Raptor) and a feat of strength. I’ve Got 9999 Problems but a Bone-White Primal Raptor Ain’t One You can choose to farm for yourself, or farm to sell the bones on the auction house for other players.
Prices for Giant Dinosaur Bones
Basically try and get over 1g30 each EU, 2g US, more or less depending on supply and demand. Mine are up at 1g10s for a quick sale. (Who wants to carry bones around in their bags all day long?)
Why farm Isle of Giants instead of Sra’Vess, Guo Lai Halls, Nagrand, Bastion of Twilight, AQ20, Other Farming Spot?
- A change is as good as a rest. You are not pulling your optimum killing power when you’re bored and mindlessly hitting things. Instead of stopping for a rest, take a change of scenery.
- Perhaps the items you find at [Other Farming Place] have flooded your market and you need different markets. Incidentally, check your server Auction House isn’t flooded with bones before you start farming here.
- Maybe the other areas are filled with bots.
- Maybe you just really really like dinosaurs (hey, I don’t judge!)
- Maybe you want to practice farming somewhere nice and quiet.
- My favourite reason: Because no one else is doing it.
The Gold Queen is written by Alyzande. With many level 100s, 9 years expertise in making gold, 11 garrisons, 17k+ achievements, 1593 days played, and over 32 million gold earned. The Gold Queen blog teaches you how to make gold playing World of Warcraft using ethical trading, auction house flipping, crafting, reselling snatch lists, and farming gold making