How Did You Earn 19 Million Gold?
If I had a copper for every time I was asked, I would have 19 million gold.
- Determination – Not giving up when things fail. I once lost all my stock when I was away from WoW for too long.
- Trial and error – try something. When it fails, discard it, when it succeeds, repeat it. Then try and automate it.
- Commitment – I’m in it for the long term.
- Organisation – Time management is a massive deal, bigger than you think it is.
- Farming – When necessary
- Crafting – both on alts, and with my garrison buildings
- Adding Value – taking an item and making it more valuable.
- Knowing the customer – Caring for my customer. Being careful about my reputation. Finding out what customer wants to buy, and selling that.
- Questing – and normal garrison missions. Leveling alts. Raiding old content. Killing things and looting them.
All of these things, you can do them too! If you can make 1,000g you can make 100,000g.
Are you looking for specifics? Where to farm? What to buy? What to craft? What to sell? What to do with your time? These things change constantly. Come back to my blog to see the latest ideas, or browse with the search button (upper right) or menus to find interesting ideas you can try.
Where did the name “the gold queen” come from?
A few years ago, after one tiring day posting Transmog items on Silvermoon EU, I noticed I had 4 million gold worth of transmog items available for sale on the AH. At the same time, the AH was worth 16 million. I owned 1/4 of the AH, without intending to. I was so excited, that I told my children when I picked them up from school. My youngest son was so excited for me, he said
“Wow, mummy, you’re like the queen of gold!”
We both laughed at it, and I took it as my blog name. I don’t take it seriously. I’m proud of what I’ve managed to achieve, but not arrogant. I don’t actually think I’m royalty haha.
Hopefully by now you will see that
1) you can do what I do
2) you probably are already doing what I do.
So please be encouraged to keep going, and to make as much gold as I’ve earned.
The Gold Queen is written by Alyzande. With many level 100s, 9 years expertise in making gold, 11 garrisons, 17k+ achievements, 1593 days played, and over 32 million gold earned. The Gold Queen blog teaches you how to make gold playing World of Warcraft using ethical trading, auction house flipping, crafting, reselling snatch lists, and farming gold making.