What is your most devious gold making strategy?
The title of Mageshadow’s JMTC Blog Carnival calls for bloggers to reveal their most devious gold making strategy. I rub my hands with glee because it would be a perfect time for me to preach my own “be nice!” strategy in contrast.
Devious adj not straightforward, shifty or crooked, subtle, cunning, crafty, artful, sly, not sincere or candid, deceitful, underhand, “a devious scheme to acquire wealth”.
When you use a method of trading, acquiring gold, mats, items, or benefits for yourself, that is insincere, you challenge yourself personally as to your business ethics. How devious is ‘devious’? How close to against the Terms of end user agreement do you want to work? On the other hand, how open are you willing to be? ÂWould your white kitten actually sell for 200g if you advertise that you bought it for 60s earlier in the day? I discussed business ethics in this post.
When you try to pull the wool over the eyes of your buyer, this is what you say to potential customers:
Its not an image I want to give my own customers, so I have to challenge myself constantly: am I doing the right thing? I’m sure I probably mess up sometimes but at least I try and remember that my reputation is golden.
I hope Mageshadow will forgive me then, for changing the question of the blog carnival.
What is your most clever strategy for making world of warcraft gold?
- Could it be flipping vendor-bought items and patterns for a higher price in the Auction House?
- Could it be shuffling items from one character to another, adding value constantly until the finished, saleable item is worth many times the value of the original materials?
- Could it be scanning the Auction House constantly looking for new ways to improve my gold making?
- Maybe I’m very clever at using Trade Skill Master? Or do I have a special method for combining TSM with Auctioneer, Lil Sparky’s and Auctionator to make wicked fast undercuts and arbitrage snipes?
- Diversification, is that it? Not putting all my eggs in one basket?
Clever though it is, I want to submit this cheesy one liner as my cleverest insight into making world of warcraft gold:
I had a private conversation with another player, complete stranger, during the JMTC podcasted meeting on Friday. He was asking for ways to make money and gave me all his statistics, professions, and the more I asked him, the more I got the impression that he just was not enjoying himself.
For goodness sake, people, you PAY to play this game. It’s not a job! Don’t look at the other guys with loads of gold and think that you’re a failure in comparison and that you MUST do this that and the other to be taken seriously as a gold maker.
Do what you love, the rest will fit in somehow, somewhere.
The Gold Queen is written by Alyzande. With many level 100s, 9 years expertise in making gold, 10 garrisons, 16k achievements, 1505 days played, and over 18m gold earned. The Gold Queen blog teaches you how to make gold playing World of Warcraft using ethical trading, auction house flipping, crafting, reselling snatch lists, and farming gold making.