Satchel of Exotic Mysteries in Patch 4.1
Satchel of Exotic Mysteries is coming in Patch 4.1
Blizzard announced that Patch 4.1 will include a “Call to Arms” to encourage tanks and healers to join pug heroics dungeons. Â If you’re not Â a tank you can wait for 30 minutes for a heroic in the “looking for party” dungeon finder, which is a pain in the backside if your guild tanks are all busy, and the pug tanks all disenchanted their braincells at level 20.Â (SourceÂ http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2568337 ) Â Adding a satchel to the dungeon rewards is meant to encourage healers and tanks to join the call to arms in the dungeon finder.
My main is a feral druid, I queue 80% of the time as dps kitty. Â The 20% of the time I queue as a bear/tank is either due to misplaced hope or insobrietry. Big Bear Butt writes:Â ”Is that the best they could come up with for a bribe? … Â I,Â personally, love tanking above all other group roles available in the game, and yet, I do not queue for randoms as a tank.Â Why?Â Because of the attitudes I encounter when Iâ€™ve tried. The behavior.Â The abuse.” I agree with him. Â Â Blizzard gave people dual spec which enabled some classes to keep a healer or tank spec in their second slot. Â That didn’t work at persuading us to tank, either.
Putting aside my concerns as a potential tank for a moment, let’s look at the bribe of “Satchel of Exotic Mysteries” which Blizzard offer. Â Maybe this will cheer me up as a gold-maker, instead?
Possible items included in Satchel of Exotic Mysteries
1. “some gold” Ok, I like gold, but how much is “some gold”, is it worth me tearing my hair out?
2. “a chance at a rare gem” Only a chance? Â Only a rare gem? Â That’s not worth much. You’d have to be desperate.
3. “a chance at a flask/potion” Again: Only a chance? Â You’d have to be desperate.
4. “a good chance of receiving a non-combat pet (including cross faction pets)” This is BAD news for gold-makers who sell these limited supply pets to collectors. Â It’s also useless for pet collectors, who generally already have these. Â Fail.
5. “a very rare chance at receiving a mount (thoseÂ specifically only available through dungeons , like theÂ Reins of the Raven Lord from Sethekk Halls,Â Swift White Hawkstrider from Magister’s Terrace, andÂ Deathcharger’s Reins from Stratholme.” A very rare chance? Â Big whoop. Â I’d prefer a very rare chance at getting these mounts by soloing the instances, without having to put up over-agroing dps, and healers who refuse to use their mana. Â As these are not sellable or tradable, it doesn’t affect us as a gold-maker. Â Fail.
All in all, what a waste of time. Thanks a bunch, Blizz.
Like this? Â Please comment and share
Get moreÂ World of Warcraft gold posts, guides and updatesÂ to your email free or toÂ your kindle.