World of Warcraft gold and Auction House blog
Hit a Gold Plateau
Stuck at the same amount of WoW Gold?
You’ve had a healthy amount of gold for the last few months at least.
You do your daily quests when you feel like it.
You buy your mats from the Warcraft Auction House instead of wasting time farming or gathering them.
You craft and sell items for profit. Sometimes you follow a limited supply route guide. Sometimes you find a bargain in the Auction House and resell it.
You have Gatherer addon and also Auctioneer or Trade Skill Master addons and you’re learning how to use them.
One day, you discover a large hoard of loot you had dumped in your alt’s bank and forgotten, and you sell it for 5,000g, but then it’s gone.
Do these WoW gold making frustrations sound familiar?
Do I need Auctioneer and Auctionator? Is there somewhere I can learn more about Trade Skill Master addon? How many auctions should I have on the AH every day? Why can’t I get more than 1,000g? Why am I stuck at 10,000g? How do I know which alt to send my stockpile to? I just can’t be bothered to organise all my stuff! Should I just stick to doing the “obsidium /elementium / saronite shuffle? Why am I constantly undercut? I don’t really know how much I re-invest into mats and how much I keep to myself. When I get to 50,000g I just spend it all and then I have to start again, ARGH. Wait, I invested in an item and then the price went down and I don’t know what to do with it now. I had 100,000g but then I lent 50k to my guild mate and never saw them again.
What to do
My Advice for a world of warcraft player who is stuck at a gold making plateau.
- Stop gambling. You think you’re investing your warcraft gold. There is a difference between investing and gambling. Investing is when you are sure of a return in profits, sure the item will sell. Gambling is when you hope it will. Invest, don’t gamble.
- Stop Spending. Surely the number one reason anyone is stuck at a gold plateau. I’ve devoted a whole blog post to this subject. The shocking reason you need help to get world of warcraft gold. Whether you are gambling or even if you are reinvesting wisely and increasing your net worth, the number of gold coins in your inventory will not increase unless you allow it.
- Use a Piggy Bank. Put aside a portion of your earnings and profits regularly, either hourly, daily, or whenever you get a sum of money from the warcraft mail box. Send this to an alt to hold, or use a guild bank that you own (don’t give it to your guild members!). By keeping it out of reach, and out of sight, you will more easily resist the temptation to spend it.
- Evaluate where you are. Install and use an accounting addon, either TSM Accounting, or MySales are my favourites. Find out which professions and which items are making you money. Remember the 80/20 rule. Your top 20% of sales will make you 80% of your profit. Focus on the best items. Alternately, check if you can make any gold from the Long Tail.
- Research your Addons. I know its boring sometimes, but half an hour invested in learning about the addons will reap benefits later. Raid Guilds in WoW must research Raid Bosses before they attempt to kill them, so do the same with gold making.
- Don’t waste items. Everything can be sold. Everything except grey items has a use somewhere in the game. Loot everything you can and sell it. Unless you’re stockpiling it, or holding an item back temporarily to create the idea of scarcity, SELL IT.
- Be open to new ideas. Do us both a favour and add me to your regular reading!
- Check your daily routine. You already know that a few regular habits are the backbone of regular gold income, but perhaps you have neglected to do them every day you log on to Warcraft. When I started making gold, I wished I had a checklist that I could print and tick off, a to-do list for making gold. So I wrote one for you. You can get a free copy when you join the newsletter list.
- Subscribe to the free newsletter When you join the free mailing list and subscribe to the regular posts, you get motivation and encouragement. I share my latest tips, and reminders about old tricks.
Advertisment ad adsense adlogger