Only Want Enough Gold to Buy One Special Item
Want to raise a few thousand gold in WoW quickly to buy one item?
Warcraft is for Raiding, or PVP, or maybe just questing. You’re really not a gold maker. You can cover your expenses, usually.
You saw an awesome item in the WoW Auction House but you can’t afford it. It would look great with your gear.
If only five thousand gold would drop from the sky, you’d be happy, you don’t need to make gold every day. You don’t have time for that.
Do these WoW gold making questions seem familiar?
Why is that weapon so expensive anyway? Do you want to buy some herbs, so I can save up for new gear? How come you have so much gold anyway! Gold making is only for Chinese farmers, right? I just wanna buy that cool weapon anyway, what’s the point of understanding the Auction House anyway? Do you think I should go farm ore, or herbs, in order to afford that sweet armor? Where’s the best place to get ore? How much should I charge for this piece of loot I just got from the heroic? Help, I need 700g quick!
What to do
My Advice for moving into new markets
- Focus on the item you want to buy. Check whether you can buy the materials and get it crafted, or whether you could get it with tokens that you already have in your inventory. Open up Wowhead.
- Save the gold you earn from quests and heroics. You can’t spend it on crap *and* save it up for the item you want to buy.
- Contact the seller. See if you can negotiate on the price. If he/she isn’t online, drop an ingame mail. Perhaps you could part-exchange for some items you have in your bags or bank. If you are particularly skilled you could try selling your services as a tank/healer/ pvp booster.
- Look at other ways to get gold. If you are particularly skilled you could try selling your services as a tank/healer/ pvp booster.
- Bite the bullet and do some farming. Try some of my posts on gathering: Fishing, Skinning, Mining, and Herbalism. Googling “Saronite Ore Farming Route” takes 5 seconds. You did
- Consider using your professions. Hey, if you spent a lot of gold in maxing up a profession, you might as well put it to work. Let me recommend Lil’Sparky’s Workshop Addon.
- Start a daily routine. A few regular habits are the backbone of regular gold income. Complete your daily quests, check your auctions are posted, look for professions cooldowns. When I started making gold, I wished I had a checklist that I could print and tick off, a to-do list for making gold. So I wrote one for you. You can get a free copy when you join the newsletter list.
- Join the mailing list When you subscribe to the regular posts, you get motivation and encouragement. I share my latest tips, and reminders about old tricks.