How To Make Auctionator Shopping lists for Inscription inks in World of Warcraft
Hi this is Alyzande here, writer for the Gold Queen . com, the world of warcraft auction house and gold gaming blog. Today I’m going to be showing you how to set up a shopping list with Auctionator addon to search all the world of warcraft herbs according to which ink they can make.
This will help you find the cheapest herb for your ink when your scribe wants to buy a lot of herbs from the Auction House to make a bulk pack of glyphs for stocking up once a week.
I find that the best time to buy herbs is either on a saturday late morning and afternoon, or about nine in the evening when players have finished gathering herbs for the day and have dumped their stock on the AH.
Auctionator is a legal addon for World of Warcraft and can be downloaded from Curse Gaming website. It’s part of my pack of gold making addons.
We’re going to open up auctionator and go to the buy tab.
- In the left menu choose new shopping list and a new window will appear.
- Type in the name for your new shopping list I’ve called my new shopping list “midnight ink”.
- Now I’m going to open up a new browser, go to WoWhead, and search for Midnight Ink. Find the pigment that makes the ink, mouseover it, and you’ll see a list of all the herbs that make that pigment.
- Alt-tab back to your warcraft screen, and in the new shopping list for midnight ink, do a search for that first herb, Mageroyal at the top of the auctionator window.
- Wait for Auctionator to search for that herb, then click Add Item in the left hand column. This adds Mageroyal into the Shopping List called Midnight Ink.
- Repeat this with the next herb, Briarthorn. Search for it, wait, then add item to the shopping list.
- Repeat this with all the herbs that WoWhead shows can be made into Midnight Ink, until your shopping list is filled.
Click on Search for All Items in the bottom left hand side, to tell Auctionator to search for all the herbs that can be made into Midnight Ink, in order of price.Â Here we can see that making Midnight Ink from Swiftthistle would be cheaper than making it from Stranglekelp.
So thats how you make and fill a single shopping list for Midnight Ink. Repeat this with all the other inks, going to WoWhead to check which herbs make which pigments.
When you’ve made all your shopping lists, you’ll have a set of lists that you compare to each other. Here I’m checking the price of herbs for blackfallow ink, because you can trade blackfallow ink into midnight ink. I can see that if I want a lot of midnight ink, and have already bought the cheap swiftthistle, I will buy the cheap Cinderbloom, make blackfallow ink and trade it for Midnight ink. This way I won’t be wasting my gold on the expensive Stranglekelp.
I hope you enjoyed learning how to set up your Auctionator shopping lists to make lists of herbs that make ink. If you’ve missed anything, feel free to rewind. For more world of warcraft gold making tips, come and read my warcraft blog at www.thegoldqueen.com See y’round
The Gold Queen is written by Alyzande. With many level 100s, 9 years expertise in making gold, 10 garrisons, 16k achievements, 1505 days played, and over 18m gold earned. The Gold Queen blog teaches you how to make gold playing World of Warcraft using ethical trading, auction house flipping, crafting, reselling snatch lists, and farming gold making.