9 Rare Items to Flip for Double Profits
- Adventurer’s Journal Worth 90g Buy for 1g
- Banner of the Fallen Worth 100g Buy for 5g
- Captured Insignia Worth 90g Buy for 20g
- Imbued Crystal Worth 300g, Buy for 50g
- Monstrous Egg Worth 250g Buy for 50g
- Mysterious Grimoire Worth 300g Buy for 50g
- Ornate Weapon Worth 200g Buy for 90g
- Soothsayer’s Runes Worth 10g, Buy for 1g
- A Treatise on Strategy Worth 750g. (Seen posted for 50,000g each on a dozen EU servers!) Buy for anything under 200g This is the rarest to find item, and the last needed by everyone who wants the achievement.
I’ve already been flipping Monstrous Egg, buying at 50-80g, selling 250-300g.
All these items drop from dungeons, and can only be greed rolled.
Prices are wildly fluctuating, and volatile, at the moment, because these are new items and buyers just don’t have a clue how much these are worth and how much they should be paying. Â Achievement hunters are happily paying over-value to get the achievement points, perhaps in competition with a friend.
Bad News: Lhara was nerfed, from a virtually-free herb vending machine to a pet n mount seller. No more herb, leather, and primals flipping.Good News: Flik still sells Wood Frogs for 1g or less, which sell on AH for 300g+
Sealed Crate, Sealed Gold
With most of the attention focused around Darkmoon Boardwalk in the south, you could be forgiven for thinking there was no reason to fish in Darkmoon Island, unless you want the Sea Pony pet. However, you will be missing out on a small fortune available from fishing the Shipwreck Debris fishing pool spawns.
Turn on fish tracking if you have completed the Weather Beaten Journal quest.
Bring also either a portable mailbox, your Pony Up’d Argent Squire, or a Traveler’s Tundra Mammoth to get rid of junk and mail the ores and other Sealed Crate loot. Alternately, you can vendor at the fish vendor Tatia Brine at Darkmoon Boardwalk by the Darkmoon Faire Petting Zoo.
Darkmoon Sealed Crate Contents:
A few silver, plus 2-4 of the following:
- Embersilk Cloth,
- Cataclysm herbs Azshara’s Veil, Cinderbloom, Heartblossom, Stormvine, Twilight Jasmine, Whiptail,
- All Cataclysm Volatiles,
- Heavy Savage Leather,
- All Cataclysm Ores Pyrite, Elementium, Obsidium Ore
- Cataclysm-level potions and elixirs, Rumsey Rum, Darkmoon Firewater
- Plus Darkmoon drinks, Darkmoon foods
Is this a job for an alt?
You need skill level 75 in Fishing to start effectively fishing off Darkmoon Island, but only skill 1 to start fishing the pool spawns.
I tried stealing a pony ride from the Petting Zoo and unfortunately, it despawned once I passed Darkmoon Boardwalk. So bring an alt with a mount.
“Anglers on the island at the end of the Faire week will be automatically teleported back to Elwynn Forest or Mulgore.” El’s Angling.
Grisly Trophy Farming Tip
Are you doing the Test Your Strength quest, which requires Grisly Trophy drops from killing mobs?
You can make the most gold by doubling up and running heroic level 85 dungeons that reward gold, valor or justice points, plus the usual drops and and gold from mobs.
Alternately, head to Icecrown Glacier, north west of Ymirheim, and kill the packs of Converted Heroes for accelerated fast Grisly Trophy farming
The Gold Queen is written by Alyzande. With many level 100s, 9 years expertise in making gold, 10 garrisons, 16k achievements, 1505 days played, and over 18m gold earned. The Gold Queen blog teaches you how to make gold playing World of Warcraft using ethical trading, auction house flipping, crafting, reselling snatch lists, and farming gold making.
ps don’t forget Darkmoon Decks, low level Darkmoon Cards, and the new Darkmoon Dailies.