What’s Your Gold Making Secret?
WoWinsider asked what is your gold making secret at their Breakfast Topic on 8th July.
I wrote a quick n dirty response on a notepad and posted it up.
All these tips are timeless, and will last you forever.
Know your buyers:
- What they want now
- what they’ll pay
- when they’ll pay most
- what they will want next
- Don’t exceed your boredom threshold. Divide your time up into 15 minute segments, because anyone can do anything for 15 minutes, even farming zzzzz. Even Argent Tournament dailies zzzzzz
- Invest in your professions. Your professions will make you more gold the more you invest in them.
- Invest in your alts. Your alts work in synergy with your main, increasing your potential gold making exponentially as you add to your alt matrix.
- Invest in your reputation with buyers.
Know your tools
- Understand the addons and use them to their maximum power.
- Auctioneer, auctionator, trade skill master, lil sparky’s workshop, postal, altoholic, gatherer, I’ve made a get-them-all-here suite at Curse http://www.curse.com/addon-packs/wow/the-gold-queen-money-13833
- Learn new changes to addons with a simple google search.
- Let the addons take the strain.
Know your competitors
- Respect your competitors, most of them know more than you do, and all of them have something to teach you.
- Work together. Monopolies and trading cartels are illegal in real life, but not in WoW. I don’t indulge personally, but its a legitimate opportunity.
- When your competitors beat you, learn from them and use the lesson to improve your future.
Know your “products”, ie items
- Where to get them, including crafting, farming, rare supply, or daily trade commodities
- What each of them are worth, their True Value.
- Only experience or research can serve you here.
- Learn more from reading gold making blogs, videos, guides, livestreams, websites. Ask your guild mates.
Know what wealth really is
- Coins in your pocket are no more than numbers. Pixels representing potentiality, what you could achieve or what you could buy. Therefore concentrate on what you want to achieve, not on gathering this potentiality.
- Wealth isn’t coins, its the ability to get the coins you need when you need them.
- Don’t rely on these gold coins. Increase your assets, and your ability to generate more.
- True riches is knowledge of getting what you want. Wisdom is knowing how when why to apply this knowledge.
- Don’t throw your riches away on whims and fancies. Your alt does NOT need epics at level 70. Really, he doesn’t.
- No-one likes a cheap bas-ard
- Time is NOT money, friend. You can always get more gold, you cannot get more time.
“Money was never a big motivation for me, except as a way to keep score. The real excitement is playing the game.” – Donald Trump
“The reason I love making gold is because its a meta-game where I make the rules. Gold making on the Auction House is intellectual pvp.” – the Gold Queen