Why all my gold tips suck
You may or may not be aware that despite my shiny domain name and shiny new website design and free forums and email subscriptions and twitter microblog, that I’ve been properly blogging about gold for a little over a month. Â My first few posts were absolute tripe when I read back on them, I can’t possibly count them as blogging. Â Who the hell cares whether I made X amount of gold that week or if I underhandedly made myself another thousand? Jeez, what was I thinking?
In these few weeks, I’ve started now to learn the basics of what to post, how to post, what you want to read. Â Not another bland review of buy low sell high, that’s for sure.
- It is insanely easy to browse through the blog and choose a random tip (Sell arcanite bars!) or a random strategy (undercut by 50% to annoy your competitor!) and throw it at your auction house, and walk away with a few gold.
- It’s insanely easy to take that tip the next day and find that it no longer works, and come back to my blog and look for another shiny, flashy tip.
- You can get caught up in this pick and mix bullcrap for the rest of your World of Warcraft life, if that’s all you want. Â If all you want is mediocre success, if all you want is a few gold.
- Markco of Just My Two Copper agrees with me.
If you want to understand what you’re doing, if you want to make huge amounts of gold, you got to get off your backside and work. Â Making real gold is not simple, and its not quick. I can not make you rich quick. I can’t teach you how to get rich quick. I can teach you how to teach yourself to get rich at a good steady solid pace.
How’s that for honesty?
Here is my commitment to you:
I will still give you shiny, get-rich-quick tips, quick ideas that you can take away and ADD to your current strategy. Â I’m going to help you learn the whole she-bang the whole truth about how to get really rich. Â How to mess up, how to try again, how to lose gold, and how to put all these things together to make a proper solid gold making business. Â That’s partly why I give away my ‘daily guide’ book with my email newsletters. Â The daily guide book is an empty framework for you to take away, and fill with your own regular routines, your own strategies that work. Its a barebones shell that you can use on your server.
Mastermind group. Can I be the bald man?
I have joined a Mastermind group with a very small group of other gold bloggers who have committed to meeting together regularly to review, critique and support each others plans and posts. Â We want to increase our quality. Â We are dedicated to bringing you the best stuff that we can.
For your sake: I promise to yawn at their boring proposals but I promise to stand up and cheer and support them when they come up with a good idea. Â With self-confidence as fragile as mine, I’m scared sh-tless what they might say to me.
Here’s what I need from you. It’s two things.
- First off, fire me a comment to tell me that you approve. I’m human, and your support means the world to me.
- Secondly, I want you to share this webpage. Â Either click one of my sharing links and repost this on twitter, facebook, or stumbleupon. Â Or just tell a single guild mate to come and read The Gold Queen. Â Gimme some more readers, make me more accountable, and I’ll be doubly supported in this scary step I’m about to take.