Giving Back Part 3 | How to Start Again
How to Start Again
Yesterday I showed you how to choose who to give your gold to. Once its gone, its time to start again. Starting from scratch is exhilarating and exciting but can be really scary and intimidating. You have a lot of concerns to juggle, and once the Mists of Pandaria clear on September 25th, you will have no choice but to join the race with all the other server players in making the most gold as possible.
Where to Bloody Start?
My Featured Article “Just Started Making Gold” is a summary of how to start making gold. However, re-starters have advantages and disadvantages over new starters. Old Data Get rid. Seriously, just take a deep breath and delete your data. Clear your Auctioneer, Auctionator, and TSM settings with one painful DELETE button. If you have snatch lists, you might want to take a screenshot before you delete them, just in case you want them back again. Don’t let old prices, and old selling styles influence you in a negative way. You can do it. Old Habits Refine. You’ve learned how to make habits. You’ve turned your chores into a set of quickly executed routes, so you can do that again with the new routes, new dailies, new farmable items, new favourite spawn points. Brand new players won’t have that advantage. Burn! Let me summarise my article on starting from new:
- Start where you are. Do what you know. Bloom where you’re planted.
- Professions. Make sure your professions are maxed, and not wasted.
- Until 90, gather. If you don’t have any useful patterns or recipes in your professions yet, consider taking up the gathering professions: Fishing, Skinning, Mining, and Herbalism.
- Do what you love. No point farming boring places, or mindlessly pressing “prospect” or “mill” macros if it reduces your enjoyment of the game. Do what you love, and love what you do.
- Quests Mists of Pandaria destroys the limit on how many daily quests you can do. Take advantage, and learn whilst you quest.
The Easy Way to Start from Scratch
Get Yourself a Guide We call it “standing on the shoulders of giants”. In other words, using others experience and wisdom to give you a head start. Lately I have been loving 20k Leveling and Massive Gold Blueprint a lot less than the new gold guide The Journal of Marcus Ty. Maybe it’s the arty side of me that particularly loves the design of the guide. If you’ve never heard of it, have a quick look, you might like it.
You Don’t Need a Guide
I’ve always said that I will provide 80% of my information for free, right here on the blog. Start here. Read through the blogroll to discover my recommended gold experts. You’ve taken a courageous step in starting again. I’m proud of you.
Proud of you